Cool brands are working more and launching products related to sex, whether it's perfume, t-shirts or boards.
In this example, Addict launched an artist series with 3 XXX sketches to wear, made by Mode 2 artist, showing intimate parts of female body, beautifully drawn. Is sex the uner new trend to "wear"? We know sex sells but the way the brand delivers the "sex" message is what matters for the consumer. Common people would think it's inappropriate but some consumers, the relevant target, the trend setters, would agree this is a good marketing move.
Earlier this week Trend Hunter was showing you what ZooYork Skateboards made with Jenna Jameson and Burton with Playboy girls for their board collections. Etat Libre D'Orange already launched a "Secretions Magnifiques" perfume, smelling of sperm, blood and saliva (the same collection includes the "Putain des Palaces" perfume - "The Palace Bitch" perfume, smelling of leather, ginger, amber...)
Fashion that Pushes the Limit
1. Sex-related Fashion - Opportunity to create provocative and boundary-pushing fashion pieces that appeal to consumers seeking edgy and controversial designs.
2. Artistic Erotica - Incorporating erotic artwork into fashion items presents an opportunity to cater to a niche market and attract customers who appreciate unique and daring designs.
3. Bold Marketing Moves - Brands can seize the opportunity to create buzz and generate consumer interest by employing provocative marketing strategies that tap into societal taboos and generate controversy.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the potential of incorporating sex-related themes and provocative designs into their collections, targeting adventurous consumers looking for bold and statement-making pieces.
2. Perfume - Creating bold and unconventional fragrances that challenge traditional scent profiles provides an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the perfume industry, appealing to consumers who seek unique and boundary-pushing olfactory experiences.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to develop bold and controversial campaigns that leverage the power of shock value and edgy content to attract attention and engage audience in unconventional ways.