A study began earlier this year in which Cambridge University scientists used a mood-recording software 'EmotionSense' on Nokia cell phones. Given that people rarely part with their mobiles these days, the Nokia 6210 Navigators were the perfect vessel for extracting and storing behavioral data.
Incorporating Bluetooth and GPS technologies, 'EmotionSense' on Nokia phones collected mood information from 18 participants over 10 days, pairing it with insight into each user's whereabouts and co-conversationalists. Not surprisingly, they found that people are much happier away from the office.
'EmotionSense' on Nokia Phones Interprets Your Attitude
1. Mood Recording Apps - Incorporating mood-recording software into mobile applications presents disruptive innovation opportunities for personal health and wellness, stress management, and mental health fields.
2. Location-based Mood Tracking - Integrating GPS technologies into mood-recording software allows industries such as urban planning, tourism, and transportation to analyze the correlation between location and emotional state.
3. Behavioral Data Collection - Incorporating Bluetooth and other wireless technologies into behavioral data collection has the potential to create disruptive innovation opportunities in fields such as marketing, advertising, and social sciences.
1. Personal Health and Wellness - Mood-recording apps can be transformative in helping individuals track their emotional state, identify patterns, and make lifestyle changes that positively impact overall well-being.
2. Stress Management - Mood-recording apps can provide real-time data about the factors that contribute to stress, helping individuals better manage their daily lives and make changes that lead to improved mental health.
3. Mental Health - By collecting mood data over time, mood-recording apps can potentially help mental health professionals identify patterns, predict crises, and develop more effective treatment plans.
4. Urban Planning - Integrating location-based mood tracking into urban planning can provide valuable insight into how cities impact emotional state, potentially leading to more people-centric urban design.
5. Tourism - Location-based mood tracking can help businesses in the tourism industry create more personalized, emotionally resonant experiences for travelers.
6. Transportation - Analyzing the correlation between mood and location in transportation can help companies optimize routes, improve rider satisfaction, and create a more enjoyable commuting experience.
7. Marketing - Collecting behavioral data can help marketers better understand their target audience, create more effective campaigns, and improve customer experiences across multiple touchpoints.
8. Advertising - Mood-recording apps can provide valuable insights into the emotional impact of advertising, helping companies create more persuasive and resonant messaging.
9. Social Sciences - Capturing behavioral data through mobile applications can provide researchers with a wealth of data to analyze human behavior and identify patterns and trends.