There can only be one team that comes out on top of the Super Bowl 2022 and for the fans of the team that loses, Philadelphia-based meats and cheese purveyor Dietz & Watson created "emotional support dogs." These "dogs" are not animal companions but in fact hot dogs that promise to take the sting out of a loss.
Fans are invited to use the #DietzSupportDogs and #giveaway tags in order to receive a link where they can get hot dogs delivered free of charge, while supplies last.
This Super Bowl campaign will be running in select markets and it will be concentrated in the cities of the two Super Bowl Teams, Cincinnati and Los Angeles. Dietz & Watson vice president of brand strategy Lauren Eni said, "While most big brands spend money in the lead up and during the game itself, we want to focus on the aftermath by giving some attention to the fans that need extra love the day after.”
Dietz & Watson Grills Created "Emotional Support Dogs" for the Super Bowl
1. Emotional Support Food - Opportunity to explore the concept of comfort food as a means to provide emotional support during stressful events like a major sporting event.
2. Event-specific Marketing - Opportunity to develop event-specific marketing strategies that connect with consumers on an emotional level and provide a unique experience.
3. Social Media-driven Campaigns - Opportunity to utilize social media as a tool to connect with consumers and create buzz around a campaign.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity to explore ways to promote comfort food products like hot dogs as emotional support food.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity to develop event-specific marketing campaigns that target consumers experiencing intense emotional reactions during major events like the Super Bowl.
3. Social Media - Opportunity to create innovative social media-driven campaigns and increase engagement with consumers.