A group of scientists has just invented electricity-harvesting rubber sheets. Based out of Princeton University, this new development can change the way we power electronic devices.
Harnessing kinetic energy, the electricity-harvesting rubber sheets generate electricity every time they are flexed. Check out the excerpt for more details.
Scientists Develop New Sheets to Power Electronics
1. Electricity-harvesting Rubber Sheets - Scientists have developed rubber sheets that can generate electricity through kinetic energy, presenting opportunities for wearable technology and self-powered devices.
2. Flexible Energy Generation - The development of electricity-harvesting rubber sheets opens up possibilities for flexible and sustainable energy sources in industries such as automotive and smart infrastructure.
3. Wireless Power Generation - Electricity-harvesting rubber sheets could pave the way for wireless power generation, revolutionizing industries like consumer electronics and Internet of Things (IoT).
1. Wearable Technology - Electricity-harvesting rubber sheets could be integrated into wearable devices, enabling self-powering wearables that eliminate the need for traditional batteries.
2. Automotive - The adoption of electricity-harvesting rubber sheets in automotive applications could enable the development of self-charging systems, reducing dependency on external charging sources.
3. Consumer Electronics - The use of electricity-harvesting rubber sheets in consumer electronics could lead to self-powered devices, eliminating the need for frequent battery replacements and reducing electronic waste.