It was recently reported that Ford will produce two electric SUVs before the year 2023. Both of the Electric SUVs will be mid-size models that are electrically powered crossovers. One of the new models will be under the Lincon brand and will be a similar size to the existing Ford Edge. The two new models will reportedly be produced at Ford's Flat Rock plant, which is located in Michigan. Production of the vehicles was originally scheduled to occur in Mexico, but the change may be in part to Ford's recent large investment in its Michigan plant.
Ford has a track record of planning for an electric-based future. As pressures mount surrounding climate change, electric cars could help the company better serve future demand for sustainable vehicles. Most electric cars are smaller models, which would make Ford's SUVs unique.
Image Credit: Ford
Ford Stated It Will Create Two Additional Electric SUVs Before 2023
1. Electric SUV Production - Ford plans to produce two electric mid-size SUVs at its Michigan plant, providing opportunities for companies to innovate and disrupt the automotive industry with larger, sustainable vehicles.
2. Mid-size Electric Crossovers - The announcement of the production of two mid-size, electrically powered crossovers by Ford creates opportunities for companies to innovate and disrupt the automotive industry with luxury electric SUVs.
3. Climate-driven Sustainable Vehicles - Due to climate change pressures, Ford's announcement of two electric SUVs provides opportunities for companies to innovate and disrupt the automotive industry with sustainable, environmentally-conscious vehicles.
1. Automotive Manufacturing - The announcement of Ford's new production plans presents opportunities for innovative collaborations in the automotive manufacturing industry.
2. Electric Vehicle Industry - Ford's plans to create two electric mid-size SUVs opens up possibilities for collaborations in the growing electric vehicle industry.
3. Energy-efficient Luxury Suvs - Ford's announcement presents opportunities for collaborations in the luxury automotive industry to innovate and offer energy-efficient solutions for SUVs.