Graphic designers and illustrators will love the freedom that the E-inkey Keyboard affords. This is a concept computer peripheral that changes its look and function in order to help you accomplish a variety of word processing and image-editing tasks.
Instead of labeling an assortment of different functions on each of the keys and requiring the use of Command or Fn buttons to activate them, this design by Aleksander Suhih and Maxim Mezentsev has a choice of four separate operating modes. When using Adobe Illustrator, the E-inkey Keyboard appears with that program's icons. When you're on Photoshop, the e-ink symbols have altered to suit it. In Microsoft Office mode, the device gives you another full set of one-click features. This invention lets you execute a vast number of tasks as shortcuts.
The E-Inkey Has Transforming Keys to Accommodate Different Tasks
1. Intuitive Multitasking Interfaces - Design and development of computer peripherals with context sensitive interfaces that adjust to types of tasks being performed.
2. Adaptive Function Keys - Incorporation of intelligent function keys that change depending on the software being used.
3. Task-specific Keyboard Configurations - Development of keyboards with configurable hardware and software that adjust to different workflows and tasks.
1. Computer Hardware - The development of new keyboards and peripherals with innovative technologies that enhance user experience and productivity.
2. Graphic Design Software - Incorporation of intuitive hardware interfaces that make graphic design and image editing tasks easier and more efficient.
3. Word Processing Software - The creation of keyboards with context sensitive hardware and software that adjust to what is being processed in real time, making creating documents more efficient and user friendly.