The new Edun Fall 2018 collection draws a strong influence from the motorcycle taxis in Kenya. It is the most common form of transportation in Noirobo and the fashion label draws inspiration from its bold boda boda customization. The inspiration is translated through decorative styles and prints on the new fall series.
The Edun Fall 2018 collection livens up the fashion scene with its captivating silhouettes that exude precise cuts and sleek shapes. Some notable details from the selection are the alphabet mudcloth imprinted on cotton twill materials incorporated into a shirt with matching pants, and on a trench coat. That same pattern is also seen on a slipdress printed by hand in South Africa, made from a pink leather. Another standout piece is a coat embellished with wool felt materials for multi-textual effects.
Image Credit: Edun
The Edun Fall 2018 Collection is Inspired by Kenyan Transportation
1. Kenya-inspired Fashion - Fashion designers can draw from traditional Kenyan styles and apply a modern twist to create innovative looks.
2. Transportation-inspired Clothing - Incorporating elements of transportation and travel can inspire unique designs in the fashion industry.
3. Customization in Clothing - Customizing clothing with unique patterns and prints can create a new level of personalization for consumers.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can take inspiration from various sources to create innovative pieces that stand out in the industry.
2. Transportation - Transportation companies could partner with fashion designers to incorporate unique elements of their vehicles into clothing designs, creating brand recognition and promotion.
3. Printing and Textiles - Innovations in textile printing technology can provide designers with more opportunities to create unique patterns and prints on their clothing designs.