Australian distributor DB Packaging is introducing hot water-soluble laundry bags made with Aquapak’s Hydropol polymer pellets that help to keep humans from needing to contact dirty or contaminated laundry. The innovative laundry bags dissolve completely and safely in hot water, meaning that they can be added directly to a laundry machine.
The non-toxic, marine-safe and biodegradable bags will add value to homes, hotels, hospitals and commercial laundry facilities. DB Packaging approached Aquapak for an eco-friendly alternative to conventional laundry bags that could also help to reduce the amount of contaminated bed linen that would otherwise need to be incinerated—as removing soiled laundry from bags before washing poses occupational health and safety risks.
Image Credit: Aquapak
DB Packaging's Laundry Bags Can Be Put Directly in the Washing Machine
1. Water-soluble Packaging - Opportunities for further development and commercialization of innovative packaging solutions using hydropol polymer pellets that dissolve safely in hot water.
2. Eco-friendly Packaging - Growing demand for sustainable and biodegradable packaging solutions as consumers become more environmentally conscious.
3. Hygiene Innovation - Increasing need for innovative and effective solutions to maintain hygiene and safety in various industries including healthcare, hospitality, and commercial laundry facilities.
1. Hospitality - Hotels can improve their environmental impact and comply with safety regulations by adopting water-soluble laundry bags.
2. Healthcare - Hospitals and healthcare facilities can benefit from using water-soluble laundry bags to minimize occupational health risks and reduce the amount of contaminated linen waste.
3. Packaging Industry - The packaging industry has the potential to incorporate sustainable and innovative materials, such as hydropol polymer pellets, to create eco-friendly and efficient solutions that meet the needs of various industries.