UK-based Innocent Drinks Company recently sold a 25 percent stake to bottling giant Coca-Cola. A popular corporate movement that has surprised its eco-conscious supporters.
Innocent Drinks gained popularity through the idea of bringing nature and communities closer together for mutual benefit; their idea for the Innocent Drinks Foundation was a partnership with third world fruit growers.
Innocent has now joined the ranks of several natural food companies that have sold themselves to larger conglomerates, including Honest Tea, Fuze Beverages and Odwalla.
The ‘Innocent Drinks Company' Finds Greener Grasses With Coca-Cola
1. Natural Food Acquisitions - Several natural food companies are being acquired by larger conglomerates creating more opportunities for sustainable food production and distribution.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility Partnerships - The partnership between Innocent Drinks Foundation and third world fruit growers sets a trend for other companies to create mutually beneficial bonds with communities and nature through corporate social responsibility.
3. Eco-friendly Beverages - The production of eco-friendly beverages, like those sold by Innocent Drinks, are increasing as the demand grows for sustainable products and operations.
1. Natural Food and Beverage - The natural food and beverage industry is experiencing growth as sustainable and healthy products become more popular; companies therefore have an opportunity to disrupt the industry with innovative practices.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility - Corporate social responsibility consulting and partnership management are growing industries that offer opportunities for innovation through socially responsible business practices.
3. Bottling and Distribution - The bottling and distribution industry is experiencing a shift towards sustainable and eco-conscious practices with the acquisition of natural food companies and leadership in production and distribution of environmentally friendly products.