Turning your home beautiful and green, the Life-on eco-friendly roof tile works to grow grass on your roof. The sleek shingle contains a slot for soil and plant life so that your property works to keep you comfortable. Conceived by designer Teng Xuan, the roof tile saves the planet while saving you some money.
By placing strips of plant life on tiles, Life-on keeps your house cool during the summer and warm in the winter. In the summer, the eco-conscious tile blocks out sunlight so that your abode doesn't overheat. The grass also filters out carbon dioxide to keep the air fresh. During the winter, the grass dies and forms an insulating barrier that increases heat retention. As a result, you can use your air conditioning and heaters less and save on your utility bills.
The 'Life-on' Eco-Friendly Roof Tiles Use Grass to Keep Your Home Green
1. Eco-friendly Roofing - The innovation opportunity lies in developing more eco-friendly roofing options, such as field-infused roof tiles, that promote energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact.
2. Green Building Materials - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity in creating more sustainable and environmentally friendly building materials, like Life-on roof tiles, that incorporate natural elements to improve the overall energy efficiency and functionality of buildings.
3. Climate-controlled Architecture - The trend towards climate-controlled architecture opens up opportunities for innovative solutions, like roof tiles with grass that can help regulate temperature and reduce energy consumption in buildings.
1. Roofing - The roofing industry can explore the use of eco-friendly materials and innovative designs, like Life-on roof tiles, to meet the growing demand for sustainable and energy-efficient roofing solutions.
2. Construction - The construction industry can benefit from incorporating more sustainable and green building materials, such as field-infused roof tiles, into their projects to meet environmental standards and create more energy-efficient structures.
3. Architecture - Architects and designers can embrace the trend of climate-controlled architecture by incorporating innovative elements, like grass-infused roof tiles, to create energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings.