When you stop to consider these Eccotique Spas 'Hand Yourself In' ads, you will quickly discover that there is a lot going on. What seems at first to suggest some reference to disobeying the laws of fashion actually has a deeper and more serious intention.
The chain of spas and salons has taken on an unusual role, teaming up with the Vancouver Police Department to identify the looters, arsonists and vandals of the June 15th Stanley Cup riot. They aim to do this by offering free manicures and massages to those who come forward to confess.
Controversial statements like "You didn't pay for anything at the riots. Why stop now?" brand one of the images of a man having his mug shot with a clay mask. It will be interesting to learn the success of the Eccotique Spas 'Hand Yourself In' campaign by the Kommunity advertising agency, and whether or not spa services will be worth the exchange of an arrest.
Eccotique Spas 'Hand Yourself In' Ads Summon the Fashion Police
1. Brand Activism - Eccotique Spas' collaboration with the Vancouver Police Department showcases their willingness to take a stance against criminal activity and speak up for justice through their brand message.
2. Incentive Marketing - The offer of free manicures and massages to those who confess to participating in the Stanley Cup riot demonstrates the efficacy of incentivizing the public to make amends and help solve a crime.
3. Controversial Advertising - The provocative statements and imagery used in Eccotique Spas' 'Hand Yourself In' campaign generate buzz around their brand with a controversial advertising strategy.
1. Spa/wellness - Eccotique Spas' collaboration with the Vancouver Police Department demonstrates the therapeutic value of spa treatments while serving as a platform for social activism in the health and wellness industry.
2. Law Enforcement - Eccotique Spas' partnership with the Vancouver Police Department showcases the benefits of public-private partnerships in law enforcement and how brands can contribute to social causes.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Eccotique Spas' 'Hand Yourself In' campaign presents a case study for creative and risky marketing strategies that generate buzz and engage audiences in the marketing and advertising industry.