There's a reason it's called guerrilla advertising. Our senses are continuously bombarded and sometimes it takes these ads to jolt us out of our comfort zones and remind us, that compared to some people, just how good we have it.
These bins were designed by Clemenger BBDO, Melbourne, Australia for the Father Bob Foundation, a huge force in helping feed the homeless. The bins have three ambient stickers, a knife, a fork and a call to action. The stickers are placed on bin tops around the city.
The knife and fork are on either side of the bin opening to giving the impression that the hole is a plate. The stickers proved to be quite confronting, forcing people to recognize the needs of the homeless. I think it has a dual purpose.
It reminds us to help out when we can and I bet when people see these bins, they think twice before throwing away their half eaten lunch.
Homeless Father Bob Bins
1. Guerrilla Advertising - Opportunity for businesses to create attention-grabbing advertising campaigns that jolt consumers out of their comfort zones and drive action.
2. Social Awareness - Trend of using advertising to bring attention to societal issues and encourage empathy and action.
3. Ambient Advertising - Growing trend of placing advertisements in non-traditional locations to create memorable and impactful brand experiences.
1. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to develop innovative campaigns that create a social impact and stimulate consumer engagement.
2. Nonprofit - Opportunity for nonprofit organizations to use creative advertising techniques to raise awareness and drive support for social causes.
3. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage brands to collaborate with nonprofit organizations and create campaigns that promote mindful consumption and encourage waste reduction.