Seiko has introduced the first watch using E-ink. The Seiko Spectrum was recently launched in Japan (only 500 units available) at a cost of US$2200. At 34mm thick and 134g it may be start of a new wave wrist watch technology.
Implications - Modern designs have taken on a futuristic aesthetic that many people are growing to love. This style of contemporary design is the perfect complement to the tech-obsessed society of today. Designers are looking for ways to push boundaries in order to keep up with the fast-paced evolution of technology. With MP3 and telecommunication capabilities, there's no telling what else companies will integrate into designs.
Seiko Spectrum Watch Puts a Hefty Price Tag on Technology
1. Futuristic Watch Designs - Designers are pushing boundaries with futuristic aesthetic designs to keep up with evolving technology.
2. Integration of Technology in Fashion - Companies are exploring integrating MP3 and telecommunication capabilities into fashion designs.
3. E-ink Technology - The use of E-ink in watches presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the wrist watch industry.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can integrate technology into their designs by exploring futuristic watch designs and incorporating E-ink technology.
2. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics industry can utilize E-ink technology in their products to create innovative and advanced displays for watches and other devices.
3. Manufacturing - Manufacturing industry can benefit from the demand for E-ink technology by producing E-ink components for watches and other electronic devices.