One of Damien Hirst's most famous art installations, and that is saying a lot since he has many, involves thousands of pills, so it comes as no surprise that he chose this theme for his line of drug jewelry. A surprising venture by the prolific British artist, his collection of drug jewelry is nevertheless a natural extension of this particular art series.
Dubbed the Cathedral Collection, these drug jewelry designs are absolutely opulent. Yet with prices up to £43,200 ($68,000) for a single piece, people are paying as much for the concept as they are gold and precious gems. It is a limited edition of 25 pieces for two different designs: Pill Ring and Pill Rosary.
Cathedral Collection by Damien Hirst is Inspired by His Famous Installations
1. Art-inspired Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating unique, artistically designed jewelry pieces inspired by famous artworks.
2. Luxury Drug-themed Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing high-end accessories that incorporate elements of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
3. Limited Edition Collectible Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launching exclusive, limited edition jewelry pieces that appeal to collectors and art enthusiasts.
1. Art and Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with renowned artists to create jewelry collections that merge the worlds of art and fashion.
2. Luxury Goods - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the luxury goods market by introducing bold and unconventional accessories.
3. Collectibles and Fine Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combining the allure of limited edition collectibles with the craftsmanship of fine jewelry to attract passionate collectors.