The Drop the Beat speaker may have been inspired by drops of water, but it happens to resemble a penant light more than anything. Hung from the ceiling, the slim body does take some notes from the shape of a water droplet. For instance, the base has a triangular shape, quite like the initial rise of a body of water when a drop descends into it.
Designed by Vincent Säll, the Drop the Beat speaker is nevertheless more edgy and contemporary than naturalistic. Available in a slew of vibrant colors, it would suit modern homes and offices while complementing computers perfectly. With a touch of Scandinavian minimalism, the Drop the Beat speaker isn't immediately recognizable as a speaker.
The Drop the Beat Speaker is Inspired by Water Droplets
1. Minimalist Design - The Drop the Beat speaker showcases Scandinavian minimalism, presenting an opportunity for companies to create sleek and simplistic products.
2. Contemporary Lighting - Inspired by the shape of a water droplet, the design of the Drop the Beat speaker resembles a pendant light, highlighting potential for innovative lighting solutions.
3. Multifunctional Technology - The Drop the Beat speaker's slim body and compatibility with computers suggests an opportunity to develop versatile technology that combines audio and visual capabilities.
1. Home Decor - The sleek and modern design of the Drop the Beat speaker makes it an ideal fit for the home decor industry, allowing companies to create stylish and functional products.
2. Lighting - With its resemblance to a pendant light, the design of the Drop the Beat speaker offers disruptive innovation potential in the lighting industry by introducing unique and contemporary lighting solutions.
3. Audio Technology - The Drop the Beat speaker's integration with computers opens up opportunities for the audio technology industry to develop multifunctional and user-friendly devices.