Considering the environmentally conscious side of cyclist culture, many bikers are likely able to appreciate the value of recycling discarded materials and making things themselves. The DIY Wall Bike Hanger is a project that may well appeal to much of this demographic, as it makes use of retired two-wheeler components and requires just a bit of time and a few standard tools.
Kyle Wilson walks the handyman through the process of taking an old pair of drop handlebars, dressing them with a protective wrap of an inner tube and plugging wine bottle corks into the ends. He also describes how this part is mounted onto a metal stem and wall flange, and offers suggestions for how to anchor the DIY Wall Bike Hanger against the wall with sufficient space beneath to park another bicycle.
This DIY Wall Bike Hanger Makes Use of Old Two-Wheeler Parts
1. Upcycling Bike Parts - Entrepreneurs can disrupt the waste management industry by producing new and innovative products made from old bike parts.
2. DIY Bike Storage Solutions - There's an opportunity to create and market cost effective bike storage solutions that are practical and easy to assemble by the consumer.
3. Sustainable Living - There's a growing trend of eco-consciousness and enthusiasts looking for ways to live sustainably. Businesses can capitalize on this by creating and promoting products that align with this lifestyle.
1. Cycling Industry - The cycling industry can gain a competitive advantage by promoting and supporting sustainable and eco-friendly initiatives that align with the values of cycling enthusiasts.
2. Home Improvement Industry - Manufacturers in the home improvement industry can develop and market a range of easy-to-install, DIY bike storage options for the growing number of cycling enthusiasts seeking sustainable and space-saving solutions for the home.
3. Waste Management Industry - Entrepreneurs can disrupt the waste management industry by creating products that are manufactured from recycled materials and reduce waste while providing practical solutions for consumers.