Heather Daveno and a friend found a pair of boots in a military antiques shop in Seattle and recognized them as traditional Mongolian footwear. The boots are still made in Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia. When the boots needed some repairs, Daveno tore them apart and documented the reassembly process. She has posted detailed instructions on how to make the boots on her website.
When she’s not enriching the world with boot-making instructions, Heather Daveno uses her passion for Medieval cultures and crafts as inspiration for her Lao Hats.
Photos 1-5 show Mongolian Boots. Photos 6-10 are the boots on which Daveno based the instructions.
Lao Hats' How-To Instructions for the Ulaanbaatar Military Boot
1. Traditional Mongolian Footwear - Opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry by introducing traditional Mongolian boots as a trendy and unique footwear option.
2. DIY Instructions - Potential for disruptive innovation in the e-learning industry by providing detailed instructions and tutorials for making unique and cultural items.
3. Vintage Crafts - Opportunity to disrupt the fashion and craft industries by incorporating traditional elements into modern designs.
1. Fashion - Mongolian boots can disrupt the fashion industry by offering a cultural and unique footwear option.
2. E-learning - The DIY instructions for making Mongolian boots can disrupt the e-learning industry by offering unique and culturally enriching tutorials.
3. Craft - Incorporating traditional elements into modern designs can disrupt the craft industry by offering unique and culturally-inspired products.