Nike's new MayFly shoe is the lightest racing shoe you've ever seen... Why? It's disposable.
The show is less than 5 ounces and designed to last only 100km.
"The world's lightest racing shoe, the much talked about Nike Mayfly is here. The Nike Mayfly is designed with only one thing in mind, running fast." - Let's Run
Implications - Many companies are creating eco-friendly items so that consumers can have the choice to help out the environment by buying a product that was made with the environment in mind. Although the featured shoe is disposable, it is not logical for the average citizen who would like their shoes to last them a long time. Businesses should create eco items that will be worth the consumer's money.
The New Nike MayFly
1. Disposable Athletic Gear - Developing eco-friendly athletic gear that is designed to be disposable could be the next innovation opportunity.
2. Lightweight Footwear - Creating durable, lightweight footwear that prioritizes speed and performance could be a key innovation trend.
3. Rentable Sporting Goods - Exploring the market for renting disposable sporting goods could offer a disruptive innovation in the sports industry.
1. Athletic Wear - Developing environmentally friendly disposable materials and products in athletic wear could provide an innovative edge.
2. Footwear - Creating lightweight disposable footwear for athletic and everyday use could offer a unique solution to market.
3. Sports Equipment Rental - Exploring the market for renting disposable sporting goods, such as lightweight footwear and athletic gear, could be a disruptive innovation in the sporting industry.