'1971' by photographer Federico Fernandez is a nostalgic image series captured for style publication The Ones 2 Watch -- the feature revives disco era fashion and is a blast from the past for style historians.
Model Julian fronts the image series while donning a 70s-themed wardrobe and posing in a colorful studio setting. The model is styled by Joaquin Diaz who handpicks staples like tweed trouser and yellow turtleneck pairings along with graphic beach tees that are layered atop lighter knits.
In addition to spotlighting a myriad of disco era fashion picks for men, this editorial also revives the decade's voluminous hair styles -- Julian pulls off longer tresses that are styled to create a natural wave.
The Ones 2 Watch '1971' Feature Highlights Disco Era Fashion
1. Disco Fashion Revival - Opportunity to bring back vintage fashion styles by incorporating them in contemporary designs.
2. Nostalgic Photography - Opportunity to use photography to evoke positive emotions of the past in marketing campaigns.
3. Retro Style Icons - Opportunity to showcase timeless style icons and their influence on current fashion trends.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity to bring back historical fashion trends with a modern twist.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity to use nostalgia in photography to create emotional connections with audiences.
3. Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity to incorporate retro style and photography in marketing campaigns to target nostalgia-loving audiences.