Just in time for summer, Christian Dior and Italian motorcycle manufacturer Vespa have come together to unveil a highly limited-edition of Vespa 946, a collaboration that marries their individual histories (both brands were founded in 1946) and captures “the freedom of movement and expression that both brands hold so dear."
Designed by Maria Grazia Chiuri, Dior’s first female artistic director, this couture scooter comes with a range of luxurious accessories - a helmet, saddle cover, and a luggage box, all elegantly dressed in Dior’s signature Oblique pattern, initially created by Marc Bohan in 1967. On the right side of the vehicle is the signature ‘Christian Dior’ logo in the form of a decal, while the left side is fully customizable. Beneath the stylish exterior is the timeless 946 - a recognizably sleek two-wheeler powered by a 125cc, three-valve, air-cooled engine.
This special Vespa edition will launch in Dior’s boutiques around the world, and subsequently in a selection of Piaggio Group’s Motoplex stores, in spring 2021.
Image Credit: Dior / www.vespa.com
The Dior Vespa is Stylish and Exclusive
1. Luxury Collaborations - The collaboration between Christian Dior and Vespa showcases the trend of luxury brands teaming up to create exclusive and stylish products.
2. Customizable Accessories - The inclusion of a customizable side on the Dior Vespa highlights the trend of providing personalized accessories to enhance the consumer's experience.
3. Heritage Renovation - The Dior Vespa collaboration celebrates the trend of revitalizing and honoring heritage brands by combining their rich histories into a unique offering.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by collaborating with complementary industries, such as motorcycle manufacturers, to create luxury products that cater to a niche audience.
2. Automotive - The automotive industry can leverage the trend of customizable accessories and luxury collaborations to create limited-edition vehicles that appeal to affluent customers seeking exclusivity and style.
3. Retail - The retail industry can take inspiration from the Dior Vespa collaboration to create innovative marketing strategies, such as launching limited-edition products in select boutiques, to enhance brand exclusivity and drive sales.