The Digitaria Fall 2011 lookbook shows off muted black and gray fashion from the Mind Over Matter collection. Photographer Yiorgros Mavropoulos captures model Aris Athan for the pictorial in an array of oversized pleated trousers, hooded coats, pullover sweaters and short pants. Some of the particularly compelling pieces include a formal blazer with an embedded belt that wraps around the chest and waist, a quilted shimmery hood and a pullover with intricate geometric cutouts.
The super-loose outfits are paired with well-worn combat boots in the Digitaria Fall 2011 lookbook, a style choice that evokes a dystopian, almost post-apocalyptic world in which the surviving individuals must wear whatever fashion they can find -- even if it isn't tailored to their precise measurements.
The Digitaria Fall 2011 Lookbook Blends Menswear Staples With a Muted Palette
1. Muted Palette Fashion - New opportunities for designers to create innovative fashion using a color palette consisting of quieter, more subdued colors.
2. Belting as a Design Element - Designers can experiment with incorporating belts as a stylish and functional element into their fashion lines.
3. Oversized Fits - Fashion designers can explore the use of oversized proportions to create unique silhouettes and expand options for consumers of all body types.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can benefit from incorporating muted colors and belting as a design element to create fresh, innovative pieces.
2. Retail Industry - Retailers can cater to the demand for oversized pieces and muted colors by stocking fashion items that reflect these trends.
3. Footwear Industry - The footwear industry can partner with fashion designers to create shoes that will complement and complete the overall aesthetic of the oversized and muted fashion trend.