For consumers contemplating putting a permanent tattoo design on their body, the Ink Hunter platform might be an ideal app to test the concept out on using digital augmented reality. The app allows consumers to visually see what their tattoo ideas might actually look like on the body by scanning the user and using virtual reality to place the tattoo on the skin, giving a realistic interpretation of how the piece might look. This is an ideal first stop for consumers to experiment with tattoos that aren't sure where on their body they want the illustration to go or what design their interested in.
Ink Hunter functions by scanning various areas of the body onto the user's smartphone and then digitally placing a tattoo design onto the skin. Users can see the tattoo in full effect using virtual reality to rotate the body and see the design from all angles, as if it was really placed on the body.
The Ink Hunter Utilizes Digital Augmented Reality to Pre-Test Designs
1. Digital Augmented Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop AR applications for various industries to enhance user experience and provide realistic simulations.
2. Virtual Tattoo Try-on - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create platforms that allow consumers to virtually try on different products such as clothing, accessories, and makeup.
3. Body Scanning Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Apply body scanning technology to industries like fashion and fitness to provide customized solutions and personalized experiences.
1. Tattoo Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate digital AR technology into tattoo studios to offer clients a realistic preview of their desired tattoo design.
2. Beauty & Cosmetics Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate virtual try-on features into cosmetic brands' mobile apps to enable customers to visualize makeup products before purchase.
3. Fashion Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement body scanning technology in fashion retail to provide customers with personalized size recommendations and virtual fitting experiences.