About a quarter of the world's population has limited access to a reliable energy source, prompting lighting company 'Little Sun' to develop 'Diamond Lamps' -- pocket-fitted solar lights that can provide a natural means of illumination virtually anywhere.
The Diamond Lamps are the company's third iteration of solar-powered lights that aim to make lighting more accessible to the masses. This particular model can provide five hours of bright illumination, following five hours of charging in the sunlight. Afterwards, the light will fade into a long-lasting soft glow that provides just the right amount of brightness.
The Diamond Lamps come equipped with a stand, enabling a user to finish homework, read a book, or complete various other tasks.
'Diamond Lamps' Offer Illumination to Those with Limited Access to Light
1. Solar-powered Lighting - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing affordable and portable solar-powered lighting solutions for areas with limited access to electricity.
2. Portable Illumination - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating compact and lightweight lighting solutions that can be easily carried and used in various settings.
3. Sustainable Energy Solutions - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in designing sustainable energy solutions that provide reliable and affordable lighting options for underserved populations.
1. Lighting Solutions - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the lighting industry by developing cost-effective and efficient solar-powered lighting solutions.
2. Renewable Energy - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the renewable energy sector by developing innovative solar-powered devices that offer reliable lighting solutions.
3. Social Impact - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the social impact sector by addressing the energy needs of underserved populations with sustainable lighting solutions.