US parents can now hire a private service to check if their teenagers are getting involved with drugs. Sniff Dogs offers a way of checking out drugs in private homes for the first time. The service is billed as discreet, as parents can not only conduct a search without their teenager's knowledge, but guarantee that the search will be thorough. Sniff Dogs also offers similar services for employers.
Many young people do use drugs long before their parents know. The Sniff Dogs website quotes a Pride Survey result: "Every day, approximately 4,700 American youth under the age of 18 try marijuana for the first time." Marijuana is known as a gateway drug that leads to trying other illicit substances.
Sniff Dogs was started by a mother of teenage boys who caught one her sons smoking pot. Her trust shaken, she wanted other alternatives to really know that drugs were no longer in the house.
Sniff Dogs operates in New Jersey and Ohio and charges $200 an hour for the services of a highly trained dog and its handler, both of which are certified by the National Narcotic Detection Dog Association.
'Sniff Dogs' for Suspicious Parents, Employers
1. Private Drug Detection Services - The trend of private drug detection services allows parents and employers to discreetly check for drugs in private homes or workplaces.
2. Increasing Demand for Discreet Services - The increasing demand for discreet services like Sniff Dogs reflects the need for parents and employers to ensure drug-free environments without compromising trust or privacy.
3. Specialized Training for Drug-sniffing Animals - The trend of specialized training for drug-sniffing animals presents an innovative opportunity to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of drug detection processes.
1. Private Security Services - The private security services industry can explore opportunities in offering drug detection services for individuals and organizations concerned about drug use.
2. Pet Training and Services - The pet training and services industry can tap into the demand for specialized training of drug-sniffing animals, providing certified handlers and well-trained dogs.
3. Technology and Innovation in Drug Detection - The technology and innovation sector has the potential to develop advanced drug detection methods, leveraging the capabilities of AI, sensors, and data analysis.