Feeling safe while traveling isn't always an easy task for members of the LGBTQ+ community, but a new tool called Destination Pride is hoping to change that by providing travelers with streamlined access to data regarding a country's approach to LGBTQ+ issues.
This tool helps those planning a vacation visualize data regarding a variety of issues, including "anti-discrimination laws, gender identity protections, sexual activity laws and same-sex marriage." When searching a country using this resource, users will be presented with a bar chart that ranks each location in terms of its approach to these issues. Each chart features a clickable link that offers further information regarding a country's safety score.
While Destination Pride doesn't intend to discourage travel, it does hope to help users make a more informed decision about the country they're planning to visit.
Destination Pride Visualizes a Country's Approach to LGBTQ+ Issues
1. LGBTQ+ Travel - The rise of Destination Pride and similar travel resources can be leveraged by service providers to create specialized products and services catering to the specific needs and preferences of LGBTQ+ travelers.
2. Data-driven Tourism - The success of Destination Pride suggests that data analysis can be used to understand tourists' needs and preferences, preparing customized packages for different customer segments.
3. Alternative Market Intelligence - Destination Pride's approach to aggregating and ranking data can be an inspiration for startups looking to disrupt industries reliant on formal market research, such as destination marketing and country branding.
1. Travel & Tourism - Destination Pride and similar tools can provide competitive advantages for companies seeking to offer comprehensive travel planning tools for the LGBTQ+ community.
2. Market Research - The Destination Pride model can be adapted for use by market research firms to analyze customer preference, sentiment and opinion on different products and services
3. Data Aggregation & Analysis - LGBTQ+ travel safety is only one potential area where data-driven rankings can provide critical insights. Other possibilities include financial sector competitive analysis, healthcare outcomes and more.