Though desktop publishing traditionally means creating documents from your computer, designers Peter Chadwick and Jonny Holmes took it literally with their 'Desktop Publishing' project. Instead of working from your computer, Desktop Publishing lets you work from a specially constructed desk. Integrated into the desk are all the tools that you need to publish a physical magazine. As a result, you are literally publishing from your desktop.
Included in the Desktop Publishing workstation is a series of tool holders. Perfectly formed depressions hold all the materials and devices that you need to print beautiful artworks. The table holds four colors of paint which can be placed on a nearby palette. Laid out over the table are a series of metal plates for you to print with.
'Desktop Publishing' Lets You Literally Publish on Your Desk
1. Physical Workspace Integration - Opportunity for innovation in integrating tools and materials as part of the physical workspace.
2. Desktop Publishing Reinvention - Opportunity for innovation in reimagining traditional methods of desktop publishing.
3. DIY Magazine Creation - Opportunity for innovation in providing accessible tools for DIY magazine creation.
1. Furniture Design - Innovative furniture design opportunities for integrating tools and materials into workspaces.
2. Graphic Design - Opportunities for innovation in reinventing traditional methods of graphic design.
3. Printing Industry - Opportunities for innovation in providing accessible tools and materials for DIY magazine creation.