Going to see the orthodontist could be a tedious and sometimes scary event, but designer Natasha Thorpe's all-wooden dental office interior induces comfort, while you wait for the chair. "Slatted wood panels and ambient lighting" ease the ambiance of Go Orthodontistes in Quebec.
Natasha Thorpe tapped into the calming properties of timber and used the material's uncanny ability to bring out lightness within any interior design. The professional uses natural materials for the dental office interior to directly counter the feelings of anxiety or stress that is often exhibited by patients in these scenarios. This taps into the curious fact of how someone's exposure to nature or nature-derived motifs can have a strong effect on the human psyche and mood.
Photo Credits: Maxime Brouillet
Natasha Thorpe Softened the Mood of This Dental Office with Timber
1. Wooden Interiors - Designing interiors with wood can create a calming and stress free effect for customers.
2. Natural Materials in Design - Using natural materials such as wood can counter feelings of anxiety or stress in customers and improve their mood.
3. Nature-derived Motifs - Implementing nature-derived motifs in design can positively impact human psyche and mood, making it a key factor in design choices.
1. Dental Care Industry - Opportunities exist for creating more calming and stress-free environments in dental care offices through the implementation of natural materials into their design.
2. Interior Design Industry - There is an opportunity for interior designers to explore the use of wood and other natural materials to create a calming and stress-free environment in various industries including dental care.
3. Architecture Industry - Implementing nature-derived motifs in architectural design can positively impact human psyche and mood, making it a key factor in architectural choices.