What the Dear Mars Sofa has in common with other, more typical, chesterfields is the cushioned surfaces, the seat, the armrests and the backrest. Interestingly, one's first impression of the collection of furniture is likely to conclude that this is one odd-looking living room item.
Ovals are used to compose three of the surfaces of the couch and the armchair, with two for the sides and one for the rear support. The straight-fronted seat has been sculpted in to join the trio of rounded parts together. When viewed slightly side-on the furnishings vaguely look to have been inspired by the dumbbells and bench press weights that one uses at the gym.
Spacecrafts are what really influenced the futuristic and abstract design of Kim HyunJoo, available in black and white. You'd hardly guess that the core of the Dear Mars Sofa has been constructed of wood, before buffered with sponge and covered with fabric.
Parts of the Dear Mars Sofa Appear to Orbit Around the Object
1. Eccentric Oval Seating - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in furniture design by incorporating unconventional shapes and geometries, such as ovals, into seating arrangements.
2. Futuristic and Abstract Design - Potential for disruptive innovation in interior design by drawing inspiration from futuristic concepts and abstract forms to create unique and eye-catching furniture pieces.
3. Influence of Spacecrafts - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in furniture design by taking inspiration from aerospace technology and incorporating futuristic elements into seating arrangements.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the furniture industry by adopting unconventional and futuristic designs to create unique and visually appealing seating arrangements.
2. Interior Design - Potential for disruptive innovation in the interior design industry by incorporating futuristic and abstract furniture designs into living spaces to create visually stunning and unconventional environments.
3. Aerospace Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the aerospace industry by exploring collaborations with furniture designers to bring futuristic and space-inspired concepts into spacecraft interiors.