OkCupid's Dating During the Playoffs infographic spotlights a series of fun dating stats that are geared towards hockey fans and the platform's Canadian members. Released just in time for tonight's the Toronto Maple Leafs' game 7 against the Boston Bruins, this infographic highlights survey results that aim to strengthen existing relationships and make new ones more fun.
OkCupid's list explores how "healthy competition can make a healthy relationship," and reveals that only 3% of Canadians consider a partner's allegiance to an opposing team a dealbreaker. Other topics discussed include a toss-up surrounding the Kiss Cam at most hockey games. While 51% feel the Kiss Cam is embarrassing, the remaining 49% find it exciting and intriguing. The infographic also compares survey results surrounding playoff beards and their appeal, a sport's bar's popularity as a first date spot along with daters' feelings about wearing a hockey jersey year-round vs. only seasonally.
This OkCupid Infographic Shares Dating Tips for Hockey Fans
1. Hockey Fan Dating - Opportunity for dating platforms to create specific features and filters for hockey fans to connect with like-minded individuals.
2. Sports-based Relationship Bonding - Opportunity for businesses to create events and experiences based on sports fandom to increase connection and bonding between partners or potential partners.
3. Unconventional Date Spots - Opportunity for businesses to market unique date spots such as sports bars for couples looking for an exciting and fun experience.
1. Online Dating - Online dating platforms can tap into the hockey fan market with specialized features and filters.
2. Sports Event Planning - Sports event planners can host events that create bonding experiences for sports fan couples or singles.
3. Hospitality - Sports bars and other non-traditional date spots have the opportunity to market themselves to couples looking for unconventional and unique experiences.