Netflix's latest reality dating show entitled 'Dating Around' feature a diverse group of contestants and LGBTQ+ couples as well. It captures the essence of the popular online dating app Tinder, taking singles on a week adventure of five blind dates before they are given the option to see one of the five contenders again.
The dates that the participants go on are quite traditional, taking place in a dinner and drinks setting. The first season features six episodes, all highlighting local singles -- they are introduced in a subtle manner by voice-overs done by their close friends. Notably, the cast of the show really highlights inclusivity, swaying away from the traditional set of contestants that are standardly beautiful.
Netflix's Dating Around Features Diversity in a Variety of Areas
1. Inclusive Dating Shows - Increased representation of diverse and underrepresented demographics in dating shows can break stereotypes and create disruptive inclusive innovation opportunities.
2. App-themed Reality Shows - App-inspired reality shows can attract young, mobile-savvy audiences and offer innovative ways to connect with viewers.
3. Blind Dating Adventures - Taking singles on a week adventure of blind dates can create disruption in the traditional dating scene by injecting a sense of adventure and spontaneity.
1. Television - Inclusive dating shows can boost viewership and attract audiences that crave more representation on-screen.
2. Online Dating - App-inspired shows can offer new ways to explore and connect with potential matches and disrupt the traditional online dating experience.
3. Social Media - Blind dating adventures can provide social media platforms with new ways to engage their audiences and generate buzz around dating content.