This social platform was created specifically with data scientists in mind in an effort to increase collaboration in their field. Data.wold is an invitation-only social networking site that emphasizes a linked, open, secure and social community. Focusing purely on data, data.world is also a public benefit corporation with a social cause to enhance education in this area. With a goal to transform research, the network contains almost one thousand datasets that are publicly available, machine-readable and discoverable for collaborative purposes.
Data.world gives data scientists a way to connect over the same information. Although it is currently exclusive, a public launch is planned for later in 2016. This is just one very specific example of how connectivity can be used to improve research.
Data.wold is a Collaborative Social Site Specifically for Data Scientists
1. Collaborative Data Networks - Social platforms specifically designed for data scientists could facilitate collaborations and improve data-driven research outcomes.
2. Public Benefit Corporations - Creating businesses that have a social purpose could provide opportunities for developing collaborative social networks.
3. Machine-readable Data - Facilitating the sharing and discovery of machine-readable data could have implications for the creation of new data-driven research projects.
1. Data Science - The development of social platforms specifically for data scientists could enhance the processes of data-driven research.
2. Technology - The use of machine-readable data could also pose opportunities for the technology sector to develop new tools to facilitate data analysis.
3. Social Networking - Creating new social platforms for specific communities could provide business opportunities for entrepreneurs to capitalize on the unique needs of niche groups.