The Dark Knight gets released this weekend, and to generate even more buzz, Warner Brothers is combining the buzz of the iPhone 3G and the hype of The Dark Knight with an addictive free application that allows you to jokerize any picture.
The Dark Knight: HaHaHa app works on the iPhone or iPod Touch. After downloading it, you can add Joker elements to the face in the picture.
You can either take pictures with the iPhone's camera or, in the case of the iPod, use uploaded images.
Gizmodo notes, â€œThe only downside is that there's no way to delete picture elements once you've let go of your fingers, so be careful or you'll have to start over.â€
Check out a cool collection of 'jokerized' Dark Knight posters in the gallery below.
Warner Bros. have been very active and creative in their Dark Knight unique cross-promotion efforts, check some of them out:
Free Dark Knight iPhone App
1. Augmented Reality Marketing - There is an opportunity for businesses to create similar interactive apps that overlay digital elements onto real-world images or videos, enhancing user engagement.
2. Gamification in Advertising - By incorporating game-like features into marketing campaigns, brands can increase consumer participation and create a more immersive experience.
3. Movie Tie-in Apps - Developing interactive mobile applications that are related to blockbuster movie releases can be a successful form of cross-promotion and generate buzz for both the film and the brand involved.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore creating interactive apps and experiences that enhance user engagement with movies and TV shows.
2. Digital Marketing - Digital marketing agencies can incorporate gamification elements into their campaigns to increase consumer participation and brand loyalty.
3. Mobile App Development - App development companies can specialize in creating movie tie-in apps that provide unique and engaging experiences for users.