New Balance signed Darius Bazley to an internship deal last October -- the basketball recruit from Syracuse college creates his own iteration of the iconic 997 sneaker. The new version boasts the name, 'The Intern,' and it is adorned in a colorway that is truly patriotic.
It is plastered with hits of red and blue, translated with premium suede materials along with leather and embroidery accents throughout the uppers. The toe box is complete in red suede and the navy blue is found through the paneling details. The heel cup features beige colors and "THE INTERN" is inscribed across the design as well. The sneakers sit on top of the ENCAP sole unit foundation with 997 branding accents on the side.
Darius Bazley Creates His Own 997 New Balance Sneaker Design
1. Patriotic-themed Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate patriotic themes into their designs for a unique and trendy twist.
2. Customized Sneaker Designs - Companies can offer customizable sneaker designs to allow customers to create their own unique look.
3. Sports Star Collaborations - Brands can collaborate with emerging sports stars for fashion items that appeal to both sports enthusiasts and fashion-forward consumers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage patriotic themes for clothing and accessories for a patriotic look.
2. Sportswear - Sportswear companies can collaborate with athletes for unique designs that appeal to fans of the sport.
3. Customization Services - Companies that offer customization services can expand into the sneaker industry for a new revenue stream.