Urban cyclist fashion is becoming a growing category within the industry thanks to New York designer Pyer Moss and cognac brand Hennessy. Dubbed 'MMT 140,' the latest collection by the contemporary designer boasts road-ready garments — from elastic joggers and boxy t-shirts to cycling caps and nylon jackets. The collaboration openly pays tribute to Marshall "Major" Taylor who, in 1899, became the first African American to win a World Championship.
The silhouettes in the limited edition urban cyclist fashion collection include durable and stretchy materials, as well as loose cuts for optimal comfort. The nylon structures of the garments also provide some protection against the weather, for they are wind-proof and water-resistant.
A percentage of the proceeds from the cyclist fashion collection will go toward supporting the National Brotherhood of Cyclists.
Pyer Moss and Hennessy Collaborate on a Cyclist Fashion Line
1. Urban Cyclist Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create stylish and functional clothing specifically for urban cyclists.
2. Limited Edition Collections - Chance for designers to create exclusive collections that appeal to niche markets like urban cyclists.
3. Sustainable Cycling Apparel - Potential for eco-friendly materials and production methods to be incorporated into cyclist fashion collections.
1. Fashion Design - Opportunity for fashion designers and brands to tap into the growing market of urban cyclist fashion.
2. Sports Apparel - Potential for sports apparel brands to expand their offerings to include urban cyclist-specific clothing.
3. Sustainability - Opportunity for sustainable fashion brands to enter the cyclist fashion market and provide eco-friendly alternatives.