Yelp has added custom search results for users of the Yelp iPhone app. However, in order to get custom search results, users will have to sign up for a profile. User profiles can be built in a way that expresses their individual preferences. Once set up, the app will then use this information to make more accurate recommendations.
During the setup phase, users are able to input dietary preferences or relevant lifestyle information, as well as food and drink preferences. Yelp is then able to take this information and tailor results to an individual. The Lifestyle information goes into personal details, like if they own a car or a pet. This information can then be used to find specific locations like restaurants that would accommodate pets.
Search results can then be filtered down by what the user may want at a given time, like take-out options only.
Image Credit: Yelp
Yelp Has Added Custom Search Results to Its iPhone Mobile App
1. Personalized Search Results - Incorporate user preferences to provide personalized search results for improved user experience
2. Lifestyle-based Recommendations - Utilize information on users' lifestyle choices to provide tailored recommendations for niche markets
3. Custom Filtering Options - Offer advanced filtering options for user search including specific times of day, take-out options and dietary preferences
1. Restaurant Industry - Incorporate personalized search results and filtering options to improve restaurant recommendations and customer experience
2. Food Delivery Industry - Utilize advanced filtering options like take-out and delivery preferences to provide personalized recommendations for food delivery services
3. Mobile App Industry - Include filters and algorithms that take into account lifestyle choices to provide personalized search results for improved user experience