IHOP recently expanded its breakfast menu with the addition of Cupcake Pancakes and two other bakery-inspired dishes. While the new items are pegged as a breakfast fare, the rich flavors and decadent toppings make each order sweet enough to double as dessert.
There are three new menu items in total, each of which is inspired by a classic bakery treat. The Cupcake Pancakes consist of buttermilk pancakes made with rainbow sprinkles and topped with cupcake icing. On the other hand, the Red Velvet Crepes consist of chocolate-favored crepes stuffed with cream cheese and drizzled with cream cheese icing. Finally, the Cinnamon Swirl Brioche French Toast features slices of brioche French toast slathered with a cream cheese icing and a cinnamon roll filling.
The new 'Bakery Favorites' menu is part of an ongoing demand for hybrid dishes that blur the line between breakfast and dessert.
The New Cupcake Pancakes from IHOP are Inspired by a Sweet Treat
1. Hybrid Breakfast-dessert Dishes - Explore the potential of creating innovative menu items that blur the line between traditional breakfast and dessert.
2. Bakery-inspired Flavors - Introduce bakery-inspired flavors into various food items to appeal to consumers looking for sweet and indulgent options.
3. Decadent Toppings and Icing - Develop new and enticing topping and icing options to enhance the flavor and visual appeal of breakfast dishes.
1. Restaurant and Food Service - Incorporate bakery-inspired pancakes into breakfast menus to attract customers looking for unique and indulgent options.
2. Bakery and Pastry - Leverage the popularity of bakery-inspired pancakes to expand sales of bakery treats and pastries.
3. Food and Beverage Manufacturing - Explore opportunities to create and package bakery-inspired pancake mixes or toppings for at-home consumption.