Cricket Communications launched their latest budget-friendly cell phone, the MOTO VE240, in the Tulsa, Oklahoma market today. The candy bar-sized phone is geared specifically at the cost-conscious set, bringing MP3 and Stereo Bluetooth music, removable memory and USB file transfer capabilities at a price point that hovers around $90.
Motorola hasn’t hit a handset homerun for this demographic since the RAZR, so it’ll be interesting to see how Cricket’s Tulsa release of the MOTO VE240 will fare. Cricket Communications is the first carrier to release the MOTO VE240; its early sales may be a glimpse into the attitudes consumers will take into this holiday shopping season.
Cricket Launches MOTO VE240
1. Budget-friendly Cell Phones - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing and marketing affordable smartphones for cost-conscious consumers.
2. MP3 and Stereo Bluetooth Integration - Opportunity to create disruptive innovation by integrating MP3 and Stereo Bluetooth capabilities into budget-friendly cell phones.
3. Removable Memory and USB File Transfer - Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in offering budget-friendly cell phones with removable memory and USB file transfer capabilities.
1. Telecommunications - Telco companies can capitalize on the trend of budget-friendly cell phones by offering affordable smartphone options.
2. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics manufacturers can explore disruptive innovation in integrating MP3 and Stereo Bluetooth capabilities into budget-friendly cell phones.
3. Mobile Network Providers - Mobile network providers can benefit from the trend by partnering with cell phone manufacturers to offer affordable smartphones with removable memory and USB file transfer capabilities.