As a leader in the world of fast fashion, Spanish clothing retailer Zara is known for its rapid production process that involves scoping cutting-edge runway styles and having them appear within stores in mere weeks. Now, Zara continues to push the boundaries of fashion with its new 'Ungendered' collection.
The Ungendered collection features basics that can be worn by both men and women. To reiterate this, the items are modeled by both male and female models in product photos. But beyond being simply "unisex," there are undertones that suggest greater inclusivity.
CTV News spoke to Courtney Scharf, Trend Hunter's Director of Research Operations on the topic, who said: "If I were to put money on any of the trends that we see on Trend Hunter, gender diversity and gender fluidity and acceptance -- that would be it."
Follow this link to view the full segment on CTV News.
Courtney Scharf on CTV News
1. Gender Diversity in Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a fashion line that embraces all gender identities and promotes inclusivity.
2. Gender Fluid Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a clothing collection that blurs traditional gender boundaries and allows individuals to express their fluid identity.
3. Acceptance of Unisex Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design a line of fashion that challenges binary gender norms and promotes the acceptance of unisex clothing.
1. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Retailers can capitalize on the trend by creating gender-neutral fashion lines to appeal to a wider customer base.
2. Fashion Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Photographers can embrace gender diversity by featuring models of all gender identities in their fashion shoots.
3. Fashion Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Marketers can develop inclusive advertising campaigns that celebrate gender diversity and challenge societal norms.