Tiny mobile phones were always hot, but the latest round of phones are taking the word 'small' to a whole new level. At 66 grams and just 7 mm thin, the Samsung SPH-V9900 (aka the Samsung x820) is about the size of a cookie.
Implications - Today's consumer demands gadgets and personal devices that are smaller, more effective and more convenient than their competitors. This is because many modern customers often have to juggle a multitude of devices in their daily lives (separate work and personal smartphones, laptops etc.) and this can be a tedious and exhausting prospect if each is bulky and obtrusive. By making products like this which are discrete and sleek, companies can appeal to this growing demographic.
1. Small Mobile Phones - The trend towards increasingly tiny mobile phones that are easier to carry and conceal presents an opportunity for disruption in mobile technology - particularly for companies that can offer sleek and lightweight designs.
2. Compact Personal Devices - The trend towards smaller, more versatile personal mobile devices is creating new opportunities for companies that can offer integrated functionality and user-friendly designs.
3. Discreet Technology - The trend towards unobtrusive technology like tiny mobile phones presents opportunities to reach consumers who are looking for devices that won't interfere with their busy lives.
1. Mobile Technology - The trend towards smaller mobile phones represents an opportunity for companies in the mobile technology industry to innovate by creating more compact and user-friendly designs.
2. Consumer Electronics - The trend towards compact personal devices presents an opportunity for companies in the consumer electronics industry to differentiate themselves by offering cutting-edge products that are both versatile and lightweight.
3. Personal Accessories - As miniaturization trends continue, there may be opportunities for companies in the personal accessories industry to create stylish cases and holders that accommodate tiny devices like the Samsung SPH-V9900.