What do conservation education and ice cream trucks have in common? This Kickstarter project, apparently. The National Geographic Kids-backed Ice Cream Expedition seeks to teach young explorers across the United States about the environment while giving out free frozen treats.
While the team behind this crowdfunded adventure promote conservation education, they will also be making a documentary of their travels through the children's point of view. They are also hoping to convert their National Geographic-donated ice cream truck to run on a renewable fuel source, so they can limit their own carbon foot print on their summer-long journey. From talking one on one with youth in small agricultural-based towns to throwing epic ice cream parties in urban centers, the Ice Cream Expedition hopes to encourage an adventurist spirit and environmental awareness.
The Ice Cream Expedition Hopes to Spread Conservation Education
1. Conservation Education - Opportunity to integrate environmental education into unconventional settings, such as ice cream trucks.
2. Crowdfunding - Increasing popularity of crowdfunding platforms for unique educational experiences.
3. Renewable Energy - Demand for renewable energy sources in transportation to reduce carbon footprint.
1. Education - Potential for educational institutions to create innovative outdoor learning experiences.
2. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to align with environmental causes and promote sustainable practices.
3. Transportation - Rise in demand for renewable fuel technologies in the transportation industry.