The Conscious Collection by H&M was designed to showcase the potential of simple, sustainable and natural materials like organic leather and silk. The project was introduced in line with the EVER Manifesto, whichis described as a "Sustainable fashion and design think tank."
Although green design has a tendency to be associated with an earthy aesthetic, the garments from the collection feature bold colors, opulent details and a range of interesting worldly influences. On top of being made with environmental practices in mind, the garments from the H&M Conscious Collection also featured special CleverCare laundry labels with washing instructions that were similarly eco-friendly, encouraging consumers to do their part in making fashion less taxing on the world.
H&M's Conscious Collection Shows Off Eco-Friendly Fabrics
1. Sustainable Fashion - Exploring innovative materials and design practices to create eco-friendly apparel.
2. Environmental Laundry Practices - Developing laundry solutions and technologies that are eco-friendly and promote sustainable fashion.
3. Fashion and Design Think Tanks - Encouraging collaboration between designers and sustainability experts to drive innovation in the fashion industry.
1. Fashion Retail - Embracing sustainable fashion practices and materials to meet the growing demand for eco-friendly apparel.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Investing in research and development to create innovative eco-friendly fabrics for sustainable fashion brands.
3. Laundry Services - Developing eco-friendly laundry solutions and services to cater to the needs of conscious consumers in the fashion industry.