This collection of concrete furniture pieces have been commissioned by interior designer Kara Mann from designer Philipp Aduatz to create a range of custom solutions for a client in Chicago. The furniture collection consists of two sofas along with two chairs and a 24-foot bench that has been divided into three segments to allow for the orientation to be changed up. The various pieces are designed as a permanent range of outdoor furniture that was constructed from white concrete to help it easily withstand the elements.
The concrete furniture pieces were created in partnership with incremental3d and started off with a series of glass fiber rods along with carbon textile. This helps to give the hard, texturized furniture pieces an enhanced sense of durability.
Image Credit: Paris Tsitsos
These Concrete Furniture Pieces are Stylish and Sturdy
1. Concrete 3D Printing - The development of 3D printing technology for concrete offers new opportunities for designing and manufacturing durable custom furniture.
2. Sustainable Outdoor Furniture - The use of sturdy and weather-resistant materials such as concrete pave the way for sustainable outdoor furniture design and production.
3. Customized Furniture Solutions - The ability to create bespoke furniture using 3D printing technology allows for customized solutions that meet clients' specific needs and preferences.
1. Construction - The construction industry can benefit from concrete 3D printing technology to create customized and durable outdoor furniture for public spaces and buildings.
2. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can use 3D printing technology to create customized outdoor furniture pieces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore the use of concrete 3D printing technology to create bespoke furniture pieces that reflect clients' personalities and preferences.