Anyone with a recent iPhone model knows that the smartphone packs one heck of a decent camera in its tiny shell, but here's one concept design that takes smartphone photography to a whole new level.
Unfortunately, these mockups don't come direct from Apple, and the iLens concept design will likely never see a commercial release. Rather, the concept design for the iLens was created by Rishi Soman, an industrial design student from India. The concept design features all the things you'd expect from an iPhone, but with interchangeable lenses that you would normally see in an SLR camera.
In an excerpt from the Yanko Design website, Soman states that the "Dual lens system on the iLens provides you with an option to click with the 50mm prime lens on the main device. Magnetically attachable zoom and telephoto lens give you more dynamic photography options. The magnetically attachable lens sits on top of the primary device lens, which is the 50mm prime lens. The lens and the device communicate to each other via NFC Standard."
The Rishi Soman iLens Concept Design Promises Sleek Photography
1. Interchangeable Lens Technology for Smartphones - This trend brings an innovative opportunity for companies to create novel smartphone lens designs to offer users more dynamic photography options.
2. Magnetic Attachment System for Smartphone Camera Lenses - This trend provides an opportunity for companies to develop proprietary lens attachment systems that can improve the user experience of smartphone photography.
3. Smartphone Camera Accessories That Mimic SLR Camera Features - This trend creates an opportunity for companies to design and bring to market smartphone add-ons that bridge the gap between smartphone cameras and SLR cameras, pushing the boundaries of smartphone photography even further.
1. Smartphone Manufacturing Industry - With this technology, the smartphone industry can create unique products that cater to the demands of consumers seeking higher-quality photography experiences.
2. Consumer Electronics Accessories Industry - Smartphone camera accessories are in demand, and there is an opportunity for companies to design attachable lenses or other accessories that enhance the smartphone photography experience.
3. Photography Equipment Industry - This trend has opened the door for photography equipment manufacturers to design and develop cutting-edge technology that takes smartphone photography to the next level, enhancing the photography experience of smartphone users.