Meter Built Inc. has developed the 'Communicar' prototype which will aim to create a public-private transportation hybrid. These charming orange cabs link together at their bumpers to form a caterpillar-like train that can run through the city rail-free.
Fuel consumption is reduced with this technology when multiple cars are joined together. Further, many more different routes are available to the 'Communicar,' as each one is designed with individual driving capabilities.
The 'Communicar' Makes Public Transportation More Private
1. Hybrid Public-private Transportation - The 'Communicar' prototype opens up opportunities for new types of public-private transportation systems that can be cheaper and more customizable than traditional options.
2. Rail-free City Transportation - The 'Communicar' technology offers a way to run city transportation without relying on expensive rail systems, opening up innovation opportunities for more flexible and adaptive city planning.
3. Multi-unit Vehicle Efficiency - By linking together multiple cars, the 'Communicar' reduces fuel consumption and opens up possibilities for more eco-friendly multi-unit vehicle systems in various industries.
1. Transportation - The 'Communicar' prototype has the potential to revolutionize both public and private transit systems, creating new business opportunities and more efficient transportation for commuters and travelers.
2. Urban Planning - The rail-free technology of the 'Communicar' can be applied in urban planning to create more flexible and adaptive transportation options, enabling better city design and development.
3. Eco-friendly Vehicles - The fuel-efficient multi-unit technology used in the 'Communicar' could be applied by various industries to create more eco-friendly vehicles, offering new business opportunities in the environmentally-conscious market.