Online sneaker community SoleSavy has announced the launch of 'COLLECT,' a new platform for buying and selling footwear that cuts out third-party transaction fees. According to the company, the platform will resemble an online marketplace and even have its own mobile app. This is because SoleSavy wants to emphasize the social dynamic of the platform, making it a destination where users can show off their sneakers.
Of course, COLLECT's key selling point is that it removes the middleman fees common to most sneaker-selling sites. In addition, it offers users superior protection as it requires both buyers and customers to create comprehensive profiles. In fact, to make an account, the app even requires that its users upload government-issued identification. What's more, the platform functions as a place for sneakerheads to show off their shoe collection, even if they do not want to buy or purchase anything.
Image Credit: SoleSavy
SoleSavy Launches New Sneaker Marketplace Called 'COLLECT'
1. Id-verifying Sneaker Marketplaces - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for developing more secure marketplaces that require government-issued identification to create comprehensive user profiles.
2. Social-media Friendly Marketplaces - Creating marketplaces with a social media aspect allows for users to show off their collections, which can lead to increased engagement and consumer loyalty.
3. Fees-eliminating Marketplaces - Developing marketplaces that eliminate high third-party fees can present an opportunity for disruption by offering buyers and sellers better deals.
1. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms that integrate social media features and ID verification processes can attract users who are looking for a more immersive and secure shopping experience.
2. Authentication and Verification Services - Developing technologies and platforms that authenticate and verify user identities can aid in the creation of safer marketplaces and lead to increased consumer trust.
3. Online Marketplaces - Online marketplaces that eliminate middleman fees are a potential source of disruption in the industry, as buyers and sellers look for alternative platforms to buy and sell products.