The C-MAX Solar Energi Concept can revolutionize the electric car game before it has even really begun. Designed by Ford, it introduces solar panels on the roof of its car so as to directly store energy from the sun instead of relying solely on charging stations. By doing so, it hopes to reduce the over-reliance on electrical outlets for power.
Set to debut at this year’s International CES Show in Las Vegas, the C-MAX Solar Energi Concept is capable of storing a day’s worth of sunlight to deliver the same level of performance as its C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid predecessor. Mike Tinskey, Ford Global Director of Vehicle Electrification and Infrastructure, states, “As an innovation leader, we want to further the public dialog about the art of the possible in moving the world toward a cleaner future.”
The C-MAX Solar Energi Concept by Ford Ups the Ante for Electric Vehicles
1. Solar-paneled Cars - Introducing solar panels on cars to directly store energy from the sun, reducing reliance on charging stations.
2. Electric Vehicle Revolution - The C-MAX Solar Energi Concept revolutionizes the electric car game, offering the same level of performance as plug-in hybrid predecessors.
3. Reduced Dependence on Electrical Outlets - By employing solar panels, the C-MAX Solar Energi Concept hopes to reduce the over-reliance on electrical outlets for power.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can explore the integration of solar panels on cars for enhanced energy efficiency.
2. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy sector can benefit from the development of solar energy storage technology for vehicles.
3. Electric Car Manufacturing - Manufacturers can capitalize on the market potential by producing solar-paneled electric cars that don't rely solely on charging stations.