Ralph Lauren announced that it will sell off its Club Monaco brand to a private equity firm named Regent in a deal that will likely close in late June.
No acquisition price was publicly disclosed for the Club Monaco brand. The sale comes after Ralph Lauren announced its Fiscal 2021 Strategic Realignment Plan, which included evaluations of the companies various brands with sustainable growth as a key priority. The sale of Club Monaco will bring this evaluation process to an end after Ralph Lauren also licensed its Chaps brand last year.
“We see tremendous opportunity for Club Monaco and are excited to leverage our retail and e-commerce expertise to build upon the strong brand that the Ralph Lauren team built over two decades of stewardship," said Michael Reinstein the Chairman of Regent.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Ralph Lauren Sold Its Club Monaco Brand to a Firm Named Regent
1. Private Equity Acquisition Trend - The trend towards private equity firms acquiring well-established clothing sub-brands presents an opportunity for companies to evaluate divestiture options and realign their overall brand strategy.
2. Brand Evaluation Trend - Brands are prioritizing evaluations of their sub-brands and divestitures of non-core brands, providing opportunities for private equity firms to acquire well-established sub-brands with strong growth potential.
3. E-commerce Expansion Trend - The acquisition of Club Monaco by Regent presents an opportunity for the private equity firm to expand the sub-brand's e-commerce presence and leverage Regent's expertise in the retail industry to drive growth.
1. Private Equity Industry - Private equity firms can take advantage of the trend towards acquiring clothing sub-brands and evaluating brand strategy to acquire established sub-brands with strong growth potential.
2. Clothing Retail Industry - Clothing companies can evaluate their brand portfolio and divest non-core sub-brands in order to prioritize sustainable growth for their core brands.
3. E-commerce Industry - The acquisition of Club Monaco by Regent presents opportunities for e-commerce expansion and innovations in the clothing retail industry.