UNIQLO has hosted an annual clothing design competition since 2005 -- offering its consumers the chance to create their own t-shirt for than chance to win a grand prize of $10,000.
The event is open to anyone, with the company making clear that there are no requirements regarding age, nationality or gender. For the 2017 clothing design competition, UNIQLO is asking that all applicants to base their creations around a Nintendo theme. The choice is a likely response to the recent Pokémon Go popularity, however competitors can use other Nintendo games like Super Mario, the Donkey Kong Series and The Legend of Zelda for inspiration as well.
In addition to being awarded $10,000, the winner will get a commemorative prize as well as a "new concept game console" with a special autograph from Shigeru Miyamoto -- a renowned video game designer.
UNIQLO Themed Its Annual Clothing Design Competition on Nintendo
1. Game-inspired Design Competitions - Opportunity for businesses to engage consumers in creative collaborations by hosting design competitions based on popular gaming themes.
2. User-generated Content - Utilizing user-generated content to create unique and engaging products, resulting in increased customer loyalty and brand awareness.
3. Partnerships with Influential Figures - Collaborating with well-known figures in the gaming industry to create exclusive and highly desirable products that appeal to fans and collectors alike.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can leverage game-inspired design competitions to crowdsource innovative and trendy designs for their clothing collections.
2. Gaming and Entertainment - The gaming industry can explore collaborative partnerships with fashion brands to create limited edition merchandise based on popular game themes and characters.
3. Consumer Goods - Companies in the consumer goods sector can tap into the popularity of gaming by involving consumers in designing products inspired by their favorite games, fostering a sense of ownership and brand loyalty.