CleanO2, the Alberta-based new sustainable soap brand, is dedicated to solving climate change. The company was founded by Jaeson Cardiff, Kathi Fischer, and Scott Forgrave after creating a revolutionary device, CarbinX™, that captures carbon dioxide emissions from building heating systems and turns it into non-toxic pearl ash (potassium carbonate).
The founders are strong advocates of the circular economy and wanted to upcycle the pearl ash: thus, CleanO2 soap and cleaning products were created. Captured carbon, in the form of pearl ash, can be added to soap formulations to create luxuriously silky, sudsy lather. The brand offers a range of products, including bar soaps, liquid soaps, and soap-adjacent accessories.
Consumers can shop the entire CleanO2 line online.
CleanO2 is Working to Solve Climate Change "One Soap Bar at a Time"
1. Carbon Capture - Opportunities for innovative carbon capture technologies and upcycling of CO2.
2. Circular Economy - Opportunities for closing the loop and upcycling waste streams.
3. Sustainable Consumer Products - Opportunities for creating new, high-quality products from sustainably derived materials.
1. Cleaning Products - Carbon capture and upcycling offer opportunities for sustainable and innovative cleaning product development.
2. Energy Efficiency - Carbon capture technology offers opportunities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase energy efficiency.
3. Personal Care Products - The use of sustainably sourced and upcycled materials can lead to the development of high-quality personal care products that are better for the environment.