Craig Green works in collaboration with Grenson on a pair of classic oxford shoes. The heritage footwear brand joined with the talents of the British Menswear Designer of the year brings forth new and progressive elements. The shoe is completed in black hi-shine leather materials, which are informed by Grenson's expertise in craftsmanship blended with Craig Green's design elements.
The most notable component on the shoe is the partial overshoe delivered by an elastic strap down the front of the shoe. All of this sits on top of a Commando rubber sole foundation for some traction. Craig Green speaks about the shoe, "the starting point was the idea of tradition, male footwear codes and what they mean. Taking reference from and combining the structure and detailing of classic styles of footwear, from flip-flops, sandals, and spats to worker boots and protective footwear, with the aim to create a season-less shoe."
Image Credit: Grenson
Craig Green Joins Grenson on Designing a Classic Oxford Shoe
1. Collaborative Design - The collaboration between Craig Green and Grenson on classic oxford shoes showcases the trend of designers coming together to bring forth new and progressive elements in footwear.
2. Innovative Materials - The use of hi-shine leather and elastic strap overshoe in the design of the oxford shoes highlights the trend of utilizing innovative materials to create unique and stylish footwear.
3. Blending Traditional and Contemporary - The combination of classic footwear elements with modern design elements in the oxford shoes reflects the trend of blending traditional and contemporary styles to create season-less shoes.
1. Footwear - The collaboration between Craig Green and Grenson in designing oxford shoes presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the footwear industry by pushing the boundaries of traditional shoe design.
2. Fashion Design - The use of collaborative design and innovative materials in the oxford shoes presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry by changing the way designers collaborate and experiment with materials.
3. Craftsmanship - The combination of craftsmanship expertise with modern design elements in the oxford shoes opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the craftsmanship industry by merging traditional techniques with contemporary aesthetics.